December 24, 2019

220 words 2 mins read

Using Docker Containers to Serve Deep Learing Predictions at Booking.com

Using Docker Containers to Serve Deep Learing Predictions at Booking.com

Each day, over 1.2 million room nights are reserved on Booking.com. That gives us access to huge amount of data which we can utilise in order to provide a better experience to our customers. We under …

Talk Title Using Docker Containers to Serve Deep Learing Predictions at Booking.com
Speakers Sahil Dua (Software Developer, Booking.com)
Conference Open Source Summit Europe
Conf Tag
Location Prague, Czech Republic
Date Oct 21-27, 2017
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides Talk Slides
Video

Each day, over 1.2 million room nights are reserved on Booking.com. That gives us access to huge amount of data which we can utilise in order to provide a better experience to our customers. We understand that while there are a lot of machine learning frameworks and libraries available, putting the models in production at large scale is still a challenge. I’d like to talk about how we took on the challenge of deploying deep learning models in production: how we chose our tools and developed our internal deep learning infrastructure. I’ll cover how we do model training in Docker containers, distributed TensorFlow training in a cluster of containers, automated re-training of models and finally - deployment of models using Kubernetes. I’ll also talk about how we optimise our model prediction infrastructure for latency or throughput depending on the use case.

comments powered by Disqus