December 14, 2019

187 words 1 min read

Using Containers for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery [I]

Using Containers for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery [I]

Building and testing is a great use case for containers, both due to the dynamic and isolation aspects, but it increases complexity when scaling to multiple nodes and clusters. Jenkins is an example …

Talk Title Using Containers for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery [I]
Speakers Carlos Sanchez (Senior Cloud Engineer, Adobe)
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America
Conf Tag
Location Austin, TX, United States
Date Dec 4- 8, 2017
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

Building and testing is a great use case for containers, both due to the dynamic and isolation aspects, but it increases complexity when scaling to multiple nodes and clusters. Jenkins is an example of an application that can take advantage of Kubernetes technology to run Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery workloads. Jenkins and Kubernetes can be integrated to transparently use on demand containers to run build agents and jobs, and isolate job execution. It also supports CI/CD-as-code using Jenkins Pipelines and automated deployments to Kubernetes clusters. The presentation will allow a better understanding of how to use Jenkins on Kubernetes for container based, totally dynamic, large scale CI and CD.

comments powered by Disqus