November 23, 2019

223 words 2 mins read

Kubernetes-Defined Monitoring [I]

Kubernetes-Defined Monitoring [I]

Over the past few years weve all learned how Kubernetes can dramatically change the process of deploying an application, improve reliability, and accelerate operations. As Kubernetes matures, I belie …

Talk Title Kubernetes-Defined Monitoring [I]
Speakers Gianluca Borello
Conference CloudNativeCon + KubeCon Europe
Conf Tag
Location Berlin Congress Center
Date Mar 28-30, 2017
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

Over the past few years we’ve all learned how Kubernetes can dramatically change the process of deploying an application, improve reliability, and accelerate operations. As Kubernetes matures, I believe it will have ripple effects on other elements of DevOps, including monitoring. In this talk, we’ll explore the question, “What if Kubernetes also defined and automated monitoring?” We’ll explore some of the available tooling to answer questions like: *What are the right ways to instrument Kubernetes minons & pods? *How do you effectively get visibility into aggregate microservices vs just containers? *How can Kubernetes automate the act of setting up monitoring dashboards and alerts? *How can teams use Kubernetes to allow them to isolate monitoring data more effectively, so that the right data is exposed only to the right people? This will be a demo-driven session, based on a real Kubernetes environment, using a variety of tools at our disposal. Attendees should have a basic understanding of Kubernetes deployments as well as monitoring requirements.

comments powered by Disqus