November 23, 2019

177 words 1 min read

Monitor My Socks: Using Prometheus in a Polyglot Open Source Microservices Reference Architecture [I]

Monitor My Socks: Using Prometheus in a Polyglot Open Source Microservices Reference Architecture [I]

This presentation describes how Prometheus was integrated into a polyglot microservices application. We will use the "Sock Shop", a cloud-native reference microservices architecture to demonstrate som …

Talk Title Monitor My Socks: Using Prometheus in a Polyglot Open Source Microservices Reference Architecture [I]
Speakers Phil Winder (Engineer, Winder Research / Container Solutions)
Conference CloudNativeCon + KubeCon Europe
Conf Tag
Location Berlin Congress Center
Date Mar 28-30, 2017
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

This presentation describes how Prometheus was integrated into a polyglot microservices application. We will use the “Sock Shop”, a cloud-native reference microservices architecture to demonstrate some of the best practices and pitfalls of attempting to unify monitoring in real life. Attendees will be able to use this application as a reference point, or as a real life starting point for their own applications. Specifically, we will cover: - Integrating Prometheus in Java/Go/Node.js/Haskell - Best practices: what to monitor and how to structure the monitoring code - Pitfalls: what goes wrong and why - Demonstrations and descriptions how attendees can try it for themselves

comments powered by Disqus