November 23, 2019

199 words 1 min read

Success of CRI: Bringing Hypervisor Based Container to Kubernetes [I]

Success of CRI: Bringing Hypervisor Based Container to Kubernetes [I]

CRI, aka Container Runtime Interface, is the new mechanism designed to plug any container runtime in Kubernetes. In this presentation, I will introduce how we introduce the hypervisor based container …

Talk Title Success of CRI: Bringing Hypervisor Based Container to Kubernetes [I]
Speakers Lei Zhang (Core Dev Member, HyperHQ)
Conference CloudNativeCon + KubeCon Europe
Conf Tag
Location Berlin Congress Center
Date Mar 28-30, 2017
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

CRI, aka Container Runtime Interface, is the new mechanism designed to plug any container runtime in Kubernetes. In this presentation, I will introduce how we introduce the hypervisor based container into Kubernetes as native container runtime by using CRI. And enables users to serve their customers directly with virtualized containers, instead of wrapping them inside of full blown VMs. CRI design principles and implementation details will be explained. As well as the essential differences between Kubernetes and other projects like SwarmKit and how hyper.sh made the choice. Today, many developers are not comfortable with Linux containers as an effective boundary, and requires for a stronger degree of isolation, particularly for those running in a multi-tenant environment. We believe HyperContainer with Kubernetes is one of the best answers.

comments powered by Disqus