November 30, 2019

231 words 2 mins read

Using Kubernetes to Change Legacy Systems and Processes in the Public Sector [B]

Using Kubernetes to Change Legacy Systems and Processes in the Public Sector [B]

Kubernetes is the implementation of the modern software development process. Continuous Release and you built it, you run it. For the last few years I have been working on introducing kubernetes int …

Talk Title Using Kubernetes to Change Legacy Systems and Processes in the Public Sector [B]
Speakers Audun Fauchald Strand (Team Lead - Platform and automation, NAV - Norwegian Welfare Administration)
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America
Conf Tag
Location Austin, TX, United States
Date Dec 4- 8, 2017
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

Kubernetes is the implementation of the modern software development process. Continuous Release and “you built it, you run it”. For the last few years I have been working on introducing kubernetes into an organization with continuous release, microservices and “you build it, you run it”, as presented at Kubecon in Berlin 2017. Now I work for the public sector in Norway, where the systems are old, and the processes are older. I will present the experiences from working on changing these legacy organisations, using containers and kubernetes as the main tool. I will cover:

migrating old legacy apps to kubernetes, is it possible manual testing done easy with containers monitoring for everyone making a PAAS that everyone can use stable and robust deployment, but not just 4 times a year how to leverage all the hardware that is owned by the public sector

comments powered by Disqus