December 4, 2019

202 words 1 min read

The Architecture of a Multi-Cloud Environment with Kubernetes [I]

The Architecture of a Multi-Cloud Environment with Kubernetes [I]

Kubernetes is an orchestration platform that enables running distributed systems, which are designed with the philosophy of spreading wide to best prepare for outages. This is achieved by deploying yo …

Talk Title The Architecture of a Multi-Cloud Environment with Kubernetes [I]
Speakers Brian Redbeard (Chief Architect, CoreOS)
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America
Conf Tag
Location Austin, TX, United States
Date Dec 4- 8, 2017
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

Kubernetes is an orchestration platform that enables running distributed systems, which are designed with the philosophy of spreading wide to best prepare for outages. This is achieved by deploying your cloud applications at least across multiple hosts, and at best across multiple cloud vendors. Getting Kubernetes configured to run across multiple cloud environments, including on-premises, hybrid deployments, is a tricky undertaking. Hybrid deployments are a feature many organizations want to implement for a variety of reasons, including security over their data, reliability, and more. Brian Redbeard, chief architect at CoreOS, will discuss the importance of using open source tools to prevent cloud vendors from locking their users into their walled gardens, and will explore the challenges of making Tectonic, CoreOS’s Kubernetes implementation, able to run on multiple cloud platforms.

comments powered by Disqus