December 1, 2019

223 words 2 mins read

Disaster Recovery for your Kubernetes Clusters [I]

Disaster Recovery for your Kubernetes Clusters [I]

Its 3am. Your pager is beeping. Your Kubernetes cluster is down. Dont panic - weve got you covered. In this talk, well describe a variety of disaster scenarios you may encounter. Well arm you wit …

Talk Title Disaster Recovery for your Kubernetes Clusters [I]
Speakers Andy Goldstein (Staff Systems Engineer, VMware), Steve Kriss
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America
Conf Tag
Location Austin, TX, United States
Date Dec 4- 8, 2017
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

It’s 3am. Your pager is beeping. Your Kubernetes cluster is down. Don’t panic - we’ve got you covered. In this talk, we’ll describe a variety of disaster scenarios you may encounter. We’ll arm you with the knowledge you need to overcome them. Whether you’re a systems administrator, application developer, or end user, after this talk you’ll walk away with a thorough understanding of Kubernetes disaster recovery, including: A disaster recovery overview - Strategies for Kubernetes - Comparisons to federation and high availability - Which components to back up vs recreating from scratch How to minimize your time to recovery - Automate cluster creation and infrastructure configuration - Back up and quickly restore your cluster applications, workloads, and persistent volumes using tools such as Heptio Ark How to handle specific disaster scenarios - Losing nodes - Recovering from bad configuration updates - Cloud provider outages

comments powered by Disqus