December 8, 2019

249 words 2 mins read

Kubernetes on AWS: Practices & Opinions [I]

Kubernetes on AWS: Practices & Opinions [I]

A lot of progress has been made on how to bootstrap a cluster since Kubernetes' first commit. It is now only a matter of minutes to go from zero to a running cluster on Amazon Web Services. There are …

Talk Title Kubernetes on AWS: Practices & Opinions [I]
Speakers Raffaele Di Fazio (Software Engineer, Zalando SE), Arun Gupta (Principal Technologist, AWS)
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America
Conf Tag
Location Austin, TX, United States
Date Dec 4- 8, 2017
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

A lot of progress has been made on how to bootstrap a cluster since Kubernetes' first commit. It is now only a matter of minutes to go from zero to a running cluster on Amazon Web Services. There are still many fundamental topics to take a simple setup to something that can be run in production in a large enterprise and it is easy to get confused by the number of options and customizations. In this talk we will show both common practices for running Kubernetes on AWS and an opinionated view of those. Specifically, we will cover options and recommendations on how to install and manage clusters, configure high availability, perform rolling upgrades and handle disaster recovery, as well as continuous integration and deployment of applications, logging, and security. At the same time, we will explain how those topics are addressed at Zalando, Europe’s leading fashion platform, based upon their experience of operating tens of Kubernetes clusters in production on AWS.

comments powered by Disqus