March 26, 2020

272 words 2 mins read

The Next Network Professional: What's next?

The Next Network Professional: What's next?

After the success of the panel at NANOG 77, the number one piece of feedback I received was that the discussion was great, but people wanted more actionable advice …

Talk Title The Next Network Professional: What's next?
Speakers David Temkin (Netflix) , Suzie Gleeson, Rami Rahim, Nick McKeown (Stanford University) , Julia Stern, vijay gill (Google)
Conference NANOG78
Conf Tag
Location San Francisco, CA
Date Feb 10 2020 - Feb 12 2020
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video Talk Video

After the success of the panel at NANOG 77, the number one piece of feedback I received was that the discussion was great, but people wanted more actionable advice - what could THEY do?. When I originally asked for an hour, I was afraid that we would run out of things to talk about - what happened in reality, was that we were only scratching the surface of what’s important to the operator community.

Part 2 of the panel focuses on what actionable things we can do - as leaders, as engineers, as partners, to include more people in our industry. We need to discuss what changes can we as people make, and what changes can we push our companies to make, to bring new, underrepresented faces in and help them flourish.

Moderator: Dave Temkin, VP of Network and Systems at NetflixPanelists:Suzie Gleeson, Founder of Womens Tech Forum and VP at Digital RealtyRami Rahim, CEO of Juniper NetworksNick McKeown, Professor at StanfordJulia Stern, Program Manager - Inclusion at NetflixVijay Gill, SVP of Engineering at Databricks

David Temkin: Suzie Gleeson: None Rami Rahim: None Nick McKeown: Julia Stern: None vijay gill:

comments powered by Disqus