October 11, 2019

231 words 2 mins read

Two Years with Vitess: How JD.com Runs the World's Largest Vitess

Two Years with Vitess: How JD.com Runs the World's Largest Vitess

JD.com serves 99% of China's consumers, we have always had to innovate on infrastructure in order to meet the demands of scale and speed.In 2017, we adopted Vitess to help us scale MySQL. Two years on …

Talk Title Two Years with Vitess: How JD.com Runs the World's Largest Vitess
Speakers xuhaihua (Senior Research and Development Engineer, JD.com), jin ke xie (JD)
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon
Conf Tag
Location Shanghai, China
Date Jun 23-26, 2019
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

JD.com serves 99% of China’s consumers, we have always had to innovate on infrastructure in order to meet the demands of scale and speed.In 2017, we adopted Vitess to help us scale MySQL. Two years on, JD.com now operates the world' largest Vitess on Kubernetes deployments. In this presentation, I will introduce how we use Vitess in JD.com. I will also share my personal understanding of Vitess in the Chinese context. Finally, I present a demo to show how we fully exploit the value of Vitess.My presentation will demonstrate:1. The value that Vitess brings to JD.com: how we use Vitess to reduce costs on machines and development2. Frequently encountered problems: as one of the world’s largest Vitess users, we want to share the problems we have encountered with Vitess and how to solve them3. Practical examples in my demo: how to quickly built our projects with reusable Vitess modules

comments powered by Disqus