December 4, 2019

225 words 2 mins read

There's a Bug in My Service Mesh! What Do You Do When the Mesh is At Fault?

There's a Bug in My Service Mesh! What Do You Do When the Mesh is At Fault?

A service mesh is an increasingly necessary tool when running and debugging modern applications. But what do you do when theres a bug in the mesh itself?Paybase offers the most flexible, developer-na …

Talk Title There's a Bug in My Service Mesh! What Do You Do When the Mesh is At Fault?
Speakers Ana Calin (Systems Engineer, Paybase), Risha Mars (Software Engineer, Buoyant)
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America
Conf Tag
Location San Diego, CA, USA
Date Nov 15-21, 2019
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

A service mesh is an increasingly necessary tool when running and debugging modern applications. But what do you do when there’s a bug in the mesh itself?Paybase offers the most flexible, developer-native, API-driven solution for payments, compliance and risk. They use the Linkerd service mesh to process all requests that come through their complex system of microservices, where it is highly useful for out of the box gRPC load balancing which allows Paybase to scale their application.In this talk, Ana and Risha will talk about different Linkerd bugs that Paybase encountered after deploying Linkerd to their staging environment, and how they worked with the Linkerd maintainers to track them down and squash them.This talk also explores the relationship between companies that rely on open source software and their interactions with maintainers in the path to getting bugs fixed.

comments powered by Disqus