November 22, 2019

211 words 1 min read

Supercharge Your Microservices CI/CD with Service Mesh and Kubernetes

Supercharge Your Microservices CI/CD with Service Mesh and Kubernetes

We all know by now that Service Mesh provides many benefits to containers on Kubernetes. Linkerd, Istio, and Consul are some great examples. With Service Mesh Interface (SMI), adoption is becoming muc …

Talk Title Supercharge Your Microservices CI/CD with Service Mesh and Kubernetes
Speakers Brian Redmond (Cloud Architect, Microsoft)
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America
Conf Tag
Location San Diego, CA, USA
Date Nov 15-21, 2019
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

We all know by now that Service Mesh provides many benefits to containers on Kubernetes. Linkerd, Istio, and Consul are some great examples. With Service Mesh Interface (SMI), adoption is becoming much easier.Along with a lot of other features, Service Meshes are great at traffic shifting and observability which are helpful for microservice deployment and CI/CD platforms. Testing new versions in production with strategies such as Blue/Green, A/B, and canary rollouts are key in ensuring that deployments are error-free.In this session, I will dig deep into how you can integrate Service Mesh into deployment pipelines and automate these kinds of CI/CD methods. I will talk about observability using projects such as Prometheus and how it is key to validate candidate releases with real time latency statistics down to specific paths/methods.As always, I will include lots of demos!

comments powered by Disqus