February 26, 2020

262 words 2 mins read

Lightning Talk: Using a Raspberry Pi and Linux As a Middle Schoolers Desktop Computer

Lightning Talk: Using a Raspberry Pi and Linux As a Middle Schoolers Desktop Computer

The Raspberry Pi is a popular hobbyist computer which is also capable of being a desktop computer. Running linux, a Raspberry Pi can be used to perform many tasks. As a student in middle school, I use …

Talk Title Lightning Talk: Using a Raspberry Pi and Linux As a Middle Schoolers Desktop Computer
Speakers Tyler Mestery (Student, Lake Middle School)
Conference Open Source Summit + ELC North America
Conf Tag
Location San Diego, CA, USA
Date Aug 19-23, 2019
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

The Raspberry Pi is a popular hobbyist computer which is also capable of being a desktop computer. Running linux, a Raspberry Pi can be used to perform many tasks. As a student in middle school, I use a computer for many school related activities. I’ve decided to see if I can make use of a Raspberry Pi as my only computer for all of my school and hobby activities. One of the things that I will be using it for is to be my daily computer, where I will do my homework. I will also be using the Raspberry Pi for, learning to program and explore Linux as my desktop operating system. I want to see if Linux can truly be the desktop computer for kids in school and at home. Some things that I will be testing are school websites, like Schoology, Google docs, my schools webpage, and more. In the end, I will show if it’s possible for kids to use Linux as their main desktop computer for their school and hobby projects.

comments powered by Disqus