November 1, 2019

217 words 2 mins read

Kubernetes Storage 101

Kubernetes Storage 101

Just getting started with Kubernetes? In this introductory talk well cover usage of persistent storage in Kubernetes so you can avoid its steep learning curve and common gotchas. Why does it look so …

Talk Title Kubernetes Storage 101
Speakers David Zhu (Software Engineer, Google), Jan Šafránek (Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat)
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe
Conf Tag
Location Barcelona, Spain
Date May 19-23, 2019
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

Just getting started with Kubernetes? In this introductory talk we’ll cover usage of persistent storage in Kubernetes so you can avoid its steep learning curve and common gotchas. Why does it look so complicated? What is a PersistentVolume? What is a PersistentVolumeClaim? Why are there two separate objects instead of just one? How is storage presented into my containers? How do I write scalable persistent applications? Where do I look to debug when storage is not working? How do I connect Kubernetes to my storage backend? What is this Container Storage Interface (CSI) thing that everybody is talking about??? We will answer all of these questions and more. You will leave this talk with a solid foundation for thinking about storage in Kubernetes as well as a greater understanding of how you can put the various pieces together to fit your unique use case.

comments powered by Disqus