September 20, 2019

245 words 2 mins read

How I Teach my Second Grade Kid What AI is and How This Relates to BI That Impact your Business

How I Teach my Second Grade Kid What AI is and How This Relates to BI That Impact your Business

One day, my kid asked me: Dad, what are you doing at work? That struck me because being an AI and BI practitioner for about 20 years, I have helped clients on a daily basis, but my how do I explain …

Talk Title How I Teach my Second Grade Kid What AI is and How This Relates to BI That Impact your Business
Speakers Cupid Chan (CTO, Index Analytics)
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon
Conf Tag
Location Shanghai, China
Date Jun 23-26, 2019
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

One day, my kid asked me: “Dad, what are you doing at work?” That struck me because being an AI and BI practitioner for about 20 years, I have helped clients on a daily basis, but my how do I explain it to my kids? Well, I didn’t tell them because I thought they would not understand even if I tell them. But that is MY problem. As a consultant, it’s my job to explain to my “clients” so that they understand my proposal, right?! So, I decided to “teach” my kids AI, in the language that they can understand. It turns out this is a very good exercise to help me explain this concept to other people including non-technical executives, as well as technical geeks. It also provides a good framework for me to tie this back to a long-standing BI technology and help my client identifying cases to apply AI/BI in their business.

comments powered by Disqus