October 22, 2019

236 words 2 mins read

Helm 3: Navigating To Distant Shores

Helm 3: Navigating To Distant Shores

Adjusting your spyglass & looking out over the water, you can see how useful a package manager like Helm is. Perhaps youve used it to manage the fractal complexity of packages on your Kubernetes clus …

Talk Title Helm 3: Navigating To Distant Shores
Speakers Jessica Deen (Senior Cloud Advocate, Microsoft), Bridget Kromhout (Principal Program Manager, Microsoft)
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe
Conf Tag
Location Barcelona, Spain
Date May 19-23, 2019
URL Talk Page
Slides
Video Talk Video

Adjusting your spyglass & looking out over the water, you can see how useful a package manager like Helm is. Perhaps you’ve used it to manage the fractal complexity of packages on your Kubernetes clusters (without losing track of versions stashed in the hold). But Helm 3 is rumored to be different; you’re ready to get started on this exciting voyage as soon as you have some idea of what’s port & what’s starboard! Get clear answers to questions like “when do I use Go templates versus Lua?”, “how do I move my production Helm 2 installation to Helm 3 seamlessly?”, “what do I use now instead of tiller?” In this demo-fueled session, we’ll take you through differences from the Helm of yore, tips for a successful rollout or upgrade, & opportunities to shape the project’s future. The cloud native waters can be choppy but a technical deep dive powered by open source tooling will steer you right!

comments powered by Disqus