March 3, 2020

241 words 2 mins read

Getting Started with Modern Time Series Database and Grafana

Getting Started with Modern Time Series Database and Grafana

== Intro == Telemetry / Monitoring, also known as Observability, as been a hot topic in the software industry for few years. With so many moving pieces, the mindse …

Talk Title Getting Started with Modern Time Series Database and Grafana
Speakers Damien Garros, Roblox
Conference NANOG77
Conf Tag
Location Austin, TX
Date Oct 28 2019 - Oct 30 2019
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video Talk Video

== Intro == Telemetry / Monitoring, also known as Observability, as been a hot topic in the software industry for few years. With so many moving pieces, the mindset around telemetry shifted from I know what I want to monitor to I don’t know yet what might be important to understand the next outage. It seems obvious but previously the tools available to monitor applications and system had some limitations that would limit how much we can explore the data after the fact but most importantly how much we could analyze, correlate or compare different datasets. This new requirement drove a new set of tools that changed the paradigme around monitoring. The goal of this talk is to help Network Engineer to get started with modern Time serie database (prometheus) and associated visualization tools like Grafana. After the introductoin, there will be a tutorial or guided lab that will show the audience how to create a dashboard in grafana and teach/demonstrate some examples of queries on Prometheus, a popular time serie database.

comments powered by Disqus