November 18, 2019

194 words 1 min read

Istio Tells me my Service has Slow Response Time, Now What?

Istio Tells me my Service has Slow Response Time, Now What?

With telemetry service provided by Istio, containerized application performance monitoring has never been easier. But what do you do with slow response time when you have application deploying at scal …

Talk Title Istio Tells me my Service has Slow Response Time, Now What?
Speakers Endre Sara (VP of Advanced Engineering, Turbonomic, Inc.), Enlin Xu (Director of Advanced Engineering, Turbonomic)
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe
Conf Tag
Location Copenhagen, Denmark
Date Apr 30-May 4, 2018
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

With telemetry service provided by Istio, containerized application performance monitoring has never been easier. But what do you do with slow response time when you have application deploying at scale? Slow response time is just a symptom, the root causes might be incorrect CPU/Mem limit configuration, incorrect number of replicas, underlying infrastructure congestion, or, a combination of the above. The corresponding way to solve it could be vertical scale the container, horizontal scale the pod, or reschedule the pod to a different node. In this presentation, we are going to share our lesson and knowledge about managing containerized application performance by leveraging the telemetry information from Istio to assure the application SLA

comments powered by Disqus