December 14, 2019

229 words 2 mins read

Unified Monitoring of Containers and Microservices [I]

Unified Monitoring of Containers and Microservices [I]

Microservices are become critical for enterprise strategy towards simplifying their IT landscape. For a successful journey of microservice adoption, Container management, DevOps and Monitoring play an …

Talk Title Unified Monitoring of Containers and Microservices [I]
Speakers Nishant Sahay (Senior Architect, Wipro Limited)
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America
Conf Tag
Location Austin, TX, United States
Date Dec 4- 8, 2017
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

Microservices are become critical for enterprise strategy towards simplifying their IT landscape. For a successful journey of microservice adoption, Container management, DevOps and Monitoring play an important role. Managing microservices in large-scale deployments are fraught with many unique challenges for enterprise IT. Following are some of the key metrics of microservice monitoring which will enable the enterprises to manage their container platforms better: 1. Collecting logs, metrics from containers 2. Monitoring application running inside the container 3. Distributed tracing and the time taken by each service call. 4. Storage, analysis of collected metrics, logs 5. Performing RCA and anomaly detection on the collected logs and metrics This session would explain how to harness the power of Zipkin with the intelligence of Spark ecosystem and the flexibility of ELK+ Beats to create a unified monitoring solution. Key features of this solution are – utilization of distributed tracing, infrastructure metrics to manage containers. All this is done through visualization, correlation and predictive monitoring

comments powered by Disqus