November 27, 2019

198 words 1 min read

Scaling Organizations Using Kubernetes [I]

Scaling Organizations Using Kubernetes [I]

Kubernetes enables us to build software that spans hundreds or thousands of machines in a simple manner. Often overlooked, but just as critical, is that Kubernetes can enable us to build software that …

Talk Title Scaling Organizations Using Kubernetes [I]
Speakers Richard Fliam (Richard Fliam, Comcast VIPER)
Conference CloudNativeCon + KubeCon Europe
Conf Tag
Location Berlin Congress Center
Date Mar 28-30, 2017
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

Kubernetes enables us to build software that spans hundreds or thousands of machines in a simple manner. Often overlooked, but just as critical, is that Kubernetes can enable us to build software that scales across hundreds of developers. Kubernetes can enable us to scale organizations. If you have gone from 5 to 250 people in 5 years like Comcast VIPER serious challenges will arise in deploying, monitoring, debugging, and preventing outages. The default solution for these challenges is process. However, with appropriate tooling and leveraging the underlying API’s of Kubernetes it is possible to automate much of this process. We can lighten the burden of developing large, multi component features and services. We will explore the steps VIPER is taking to leverage Kubernetes to effectively scale our organization.

comments powered by Disqus