November 29, 2019

211 words 1 min read

Providing Containerized Cinder Services to Baremetal Kubernetes Clusters [I]

Providing Containerized Cinder Services to Baremetal Kubernetes Clusters [I]

Kubernetes deployments running on OpenStack clusters require a full OpenStack: Keystone, Nova, and Cinder services. This talk presents a more pervasive and simplified deployment architecture by integ …

Talk Title Providing Containerized Cinder Services to Baremetal Kubernetes Clusters [I]
Speakers Huamin Chen (Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat), John Griffith (Principal Software Engineer, NetApp)
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America
Conf Tag
Location Austin, TX, United States
Date Dec 4- 8, 2017
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

Kubernetes deployments running on OpenStack clusters require a full OpenStack: Keystone, Nova, and Cinder services. This talk presents a more pervasive and simplified deployment architecture by integrating Containerized standalone Cinder services with baremetal Kubernetes. Cinder services offer many storage features that are still missing in Kubernetes. Cinder is supported by many storage vendors, with over 70 storage drivers in its repository. A Containerized standalone Cinder service makes these features and extensive storage products available to Kubernetes cluster. Key to this architecture is a Kubernetes volume provisioner that provisions Cinder volumes and transparently converts Cinder volumes to Kubernetes supported storage types, such as iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NFS, or Ceph RBD. Based on the these technologies, the new architecture enables enterprise customers to deploy Container services in a dedicated cluster and consume advanced storage features.

comments powered by Disqus