December 10, 2019

186 words 1 min read

If you Dont Monitor your Infrastructure, you Dont Own it! Regain Control Thanks to Prometheus [I]

If you Dont Monitor your Infrastructure, you Dont Own it! Regain Control Thanks to Prometheus [I]

In the French FedEx company we used Prometheus to monitor the infrastructure. It hosts a CQRS Architecture composed with Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, and microservices APIs in scala. This …

Talk Title If you Dont Monitor your Infrastructure, you Dont Own it! Regain Control Thanks to Prometheus [I]
Speakers Etienne Coutaud (DevOps Engineer, OCTO Technology), Guillaume Lefevre
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America
Conf Tag
Location Austin, TX, United States
Date Dec 4- 8, 2017
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

In the French FedEx company we used Prometheus to monitor the infrastructure. It hosts a CQRS Architecture composed with Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, and microservices APIs in scala. This presentation is about using Prometheus in production, you will see why we choosed Prometheus, how we integrated it, configured it and what kind of insights we extracted from the whole infrastructure. In addition, you will see how Prometheus changed our way of working, how we implemented self-healing based on Prometheus, how we configured systemd to trigger AlertManager API, integration with slack and other cool stuffs. Some demonstrations will be performed in addition of the presentation.

comments powered by Disqus