January 12, 2020

200 words 1 min read

Containerization in Mesos, Embracing the Standards

Containerization in Mesos, Embracing the Standards

Containers are now everywhere. Apache Mesos, as one of the most powerful container orchestrators, greatly simplifies the deploy, provision and execution of containerized workloads. In this talk, I wil …

Talk Title Containerization in Mesos, Embracing the Standards
Speakers Jie Yu (Tech Lead, Mesosphere)
Conference Open Source Summit North America
Conf Tag
Location Los Angeles, CA, United States
Date Sep 10-14, 2017
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

Containers are now everywhere. Apache Mesos, as one of the most powerful container orchestrators, greatly simplifies the deploy, provision and execution of containerized workloads. In this talk, I will talk about the evolution of container technology in Mesos. In particular, how Mesos embraces the industry standard for container networking, storage and image specification, and how Mesos achieves that by using a pluggable and extensible architecture. The first part of this talk will give you an overview about the container technology in Mesos and how it has evolved over the years. Then, I will dive into three specific areas in the container technology: networking, storage and image provisioning, and the three industry standards that Mesos is adopting: CNI (Container Network Interface), CSI (Container Storage Interface) and OCI (Open Container Initiative) image spec.

comments powered by Disqus