October 15, 2019

262 words 2 mins read

Its all about me: From big data models to personalized experience

Its all about me: From big data models to personalized experience

Even though each of us is only 1 of 7 billion, we all want to feel special. Product personalization is transforming the Internet experience to be all about me (and you too!). Yao Morin explores how to create customer-centric experiences through data science and software engineering, using Intuit TurboTax as a case study.

Talk Title Its all about me: From big data models to personalized experience
Speakers Yao Morin (Intuit)
Conference Fluent
Conf Tag The Web Platform in Practice
Location San Francisco, California
Date March 8-10, 2016
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

The best customer experience is the one that meets the needs of individual customers and feels like it was designed just for them. While we cannot build separate applications for each customer, we can still deliver a highly personalized and responsive experience with the power of data science and elegant frontend design. Using Intuit TurboTax as an example, Yao Morin walks attendees through the development of data science models and explains how they are integrated into real-world applications. There are three primary components to a data driven application: the data models, the customer-facing frontend, and the backend services that connect the two. Yao shares the lessons that Intuit has learned through the development of each of these three primary components and discusses how Intuit will continue to further improve data-driven user experiences. Topics include: Discovery: know your data sources Exploration: know your users—how your data can provide a delightful personalized experience Development: know your data science tools Real-time and scalable frontend modules and backend services Separation of responsibilities

comments powered by Disqus