November 11, 2019

251 words 2 mins read

How do I orchestrate my containers?

How do I orchestrate my containers?

Isabel Jimenez helps you find your way among multiple orchestration tools by comparing todays most-popular choices: Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, and Apache Mesos. Isabel offers a demonstration of the tools themselves, as well as their open source communities and environments, and looks into the future of orchestration, which might not be exclusive to containers.

Talk Title How do I orchestrate my containers?
Speakers Isabel Jimenez (Mesosphere)
Conference O’Reilly Open Source Convention
Conf Tag
Location Austin, Texas
Date May 16-19, 2016
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

We now have containers in our lives and need to figure out a way to properly manage them. Several open source solutions are currently available, and they all come from very legitimate sources, so it’s difficult to decide which to use and where—especially because we can combine them all. That’s right, in today’s container orchestration landscape, there are users who want to run Swarm, Kubernetes, and Mesos on top of each other. Isabel Jimenez offers walk-through demos of Swarm, Kubernetes, and Mesos—and their combinations. Isabel not only demonstrates the tools themselves but also explores their open source communities and environments (often a major consideration when having to choose among projects). Isabel then runs all of them on top of one another and examines what scenarios could possibly justify adding so much complexity, the use cases we most identify with, and how to find a way through the madness. Isabel concludes with a view into the future of orchestration, which might not be exclusive to containers.

comments powered by Disqus