January 2, 2020

161 words 1 min read

2000 Nodes and Beyond: How We Scaled Kubernetes to 60,000-Container Clusters and Where We're Going Next

2000 Nodes and Beyond: How We Scaled Kubernetes to 60,000-Container Clusters and Where We're Going Next

Kubernetes supports 2000-Node clusters - that statement was a part of the Kubernetes 1.3 release announcement. Thats great, but what exactly does it mean? During this talk I will explain what work …

Talk Title 2000 Nodes and Beyond: How We Scaled Kubernetes to 60,000-Container Clusters and Where We're Going Next
Speakers Marek Grabowski (Site Reliability Engineer, Google)
Conference KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America
Conf Tag
Location Seattle, WA, United States
Date Nov 7- 9, 2016
URL Talk Page
Slides Talk Slides
Video

“Kubernetes supports 2000-Node clusters” - that statement was a part of the Kubernetes 1.3 release announcement. That’s great, but what exactly does it mean? During this talk I will explain what work we did to scale Kubernetes from 100 nodes in the 1.0 release to 2000 nodes, and describe the low-cost measurement infrastructure we’ve built to continuously measure Kubernetes performance at different cluster sizes. I’ll also talk a bit about our current work and plans for the future.

comments powered by Disqus